• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that air flow is going to be an issue. The OEM intake is/was way more restrictive than a 2" diameter in sections (if it's similar to the intake on a Pathy with the same motor). Here's pics of the stock set-up on the Pathfinder. One section was only 1.5" in diamater!

7279530010_large.jpg

7279530025_large.jpg

If you don;t like the Neon idea, maybe cover it in Union Jack stickers :p

How do they ride?

They ride really good, rims a little pushed out now so turning radius has changed a bit.

What did you do with the spacers?

I still have the spacers if your interested . I went through an ordeal with them my old steel rims with aluninum spacers in the middle, touching steel axles. I guess the aluminum was softening up cause the spacers to shift and then all of my lugs got warped/snapped off. And to top that the inside of my hubs were all bored out for the same thing. If you do want em I'll snap a few pics, only two of them have noticeable damage. Something you'd throw on temporarily but I'd never run them again.

Ps, think there only 1/4 "

They ride really good, rims a little pushed out now so turning radius has changed a bit.

I still have the spacers if your interested . I went through an ordeal with them my old steel rims with aluninum spacers in the middle, touching steel axles. I guess the aluminum was softening up cause the spacers to shift and then all of my lugs got warped/snapped off. And to top that the inside of my hubs were all bored out for the same thing. If you do want em I'll snap a few pics, only two of them have noticeable damage. Something you'd throw on temporarily but I'd never run them again.

Ps, think there only 1/4 "

No you should just toss those then... I need 1.25" spacers that actually bolt onto the hubs, and then the rim bolts to the spacer on the studs on the spacer...

No you should just toss those then... I need 1.25" spacers that actually bolt onto the hubs, and then the rim bolts to the spacer on the studs on the spacer...

Seen some on kijiji but their 1 1/2" . http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/annapolis-valley/jeep-tj-wheel-spacers/1010170353?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Yesterday I pulled the seats and carpet so I could fix two holes (which turned into 3), and check the rest of the floor out. The only place that was bad was right over the muffler. I fixed the holes up, cleaned the whole floor, and sprayed the entire thing with a good coat of LPS 3.

I cleaned the mounting feet for the seats up too, painted them, and sprayed LPS 3 on them after I put the seats back in.

So yesterday my transmission linkage fell off at the transmission end. (Burb) Good job I was just putting it in reverse, sitting on level ground!

The short story is I shut the engine off, chocked the wheels and crawled underneath and shifted into Drive, unchocked the wheels, started 'er up and drove home! Where I again parked her on level ground and put her back in Park. I wil re-attach it tonight.

It felt weird driving knowing you can't go into reverse or park easily! And I could start it, because the 'Start only in Park or Neutral' lock-out is controlled at the column shift end. I just left it in 'Park' the whole time.

Archived