• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

i cut my front body mounts to make room for some big tires and welded plates on them, then primed and painted them.

will start tearing the front end tonight to fix my power steering control valve seal that leaks and install the lift.

i also replaced a front caliper on the passenger side + rotor and pads

:worthless:

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i ll try to take pics tomorrow, i was at a friend's house after work. i usually do the work and then remember that i should take pics lol. you should come on a run and i'll show you the mods :P

you should come on a run and i'll show you the mods :P

LOL! So true!

I guess I'd better not say what I did this afternoon, but I'll get pics tomorrow of the welding my brother was doing after I left. We do shifts in the garage, lol.

That old flowmaster 40 series he had? I got the same one its gonna sound funny on the mazda i think! Its stupid loud in mine... :) time to piss off the neighbors.

Edit oops magnaflow** for some reason I thought he had the flowmaster on it.like mine.

Nice single in dual outlet Magnaflow, however the piping is about a good double the size as the exhaust manifold lol

If the exhaust pipe diameter is too large you will lose all your low end performance and other issues.....

The Mazda in the clip had rust issues at the rear , and the engine shot sounds like an 1930s tractor! lol

Yeah all the mazdas tend to have rust issues lol. As for performance, that is a word that is not used with the B2200's lol, 91HP from a 2.2 4cyl. The muffler will work, but not expecting any improvements. Had a 2 1/2" exhaust on my first mazda and it worked well, engine needed a rebuild though.

i installed the lift kit in the rear today. i then removed my rear brakes, which were beyond f***ed, i had to replace all 4 calipers since friday. i m missing a couple parts to complete the parking brake install. will try to get that tomorrow and install after work.

i then proceeded to the front....

removed the skid plates, removed the sway bar, removed the strut lower bolt and then... stripped a the nut that bolts the knuckle to the UCA. i was hoping of running stock UCAs for now until I save up for aftermarket ones, but i guess that wont be happening. so tomorrow i ll cut it and order new UCAs.

i guess i could chop the stud, unbolt the UCA, bring it to a shop so they press the stud out and press a new one in, plus install a new upper ball joint, etc. i dont like spending money twice for the same upgrade, might as well wait and do it right and do it once

Too tired to take the time to post the pics but:

1) Floor finished! Been about 10 months driving around with the body mount bolt holes stuffed with rags!

2) Both front outer fenders on properly, and RH inner fender almost all on.

3) Few rust spots on the body almost finished.

Tick tock tick tock, booked for MVI on Thursday, truck is coming Friday MVI or not!

i ordered all the parts to replace my old parking brake hardware.

i installed the passenger side lift kit, had to cut the castle nut that bolts the upper ball joint. it sucks though now cause it broke on the top and i have to press it out from the bottom, i tried using a tie rod / ball joint separator ( looks like a puller ) and had no luck. will try heating the knuckle tomorrow. i got all the driver side parts loose and ready to install the lift on that side.

I will order my UCA from All Pro offroad later tonight. I was gonna get the total chaos UCA from Toytec but they are retarded and tell me that with the current exchange rate 685$ US equals 785$ Canadian... our dollar is .937 or something like that which would equal 740$

9 hours in the garage, she is ready for safety inspection, and the run! It was mostly putting the front fenders, inside, back to together. Dual batteries, dual battery trays, jack, windshield washer bottle, dual battery disconnect switch, winch disconnect switch, adjust the hood to the fenders, etc etc, etc. Finished repairing couple body holes, etc.

The steering is much much tighter with the Borgeson steering shaft! Pretty much like new!

The steering wheel needs to be re-centered, now that I adjusted the drivers body mount.

But all else is a go!

Tired! Shower and bed!

Archived