• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a fan of how aftermarket muffs sound on six cylinder trucks. Just my opinion.

Lol. I expect you mean 6 cyl gasoline engines. An MBRP exhaust sounds awesome on a 5.9 or 6.7 Cummins! Matt has it on the 5.9, AJ on the 6.7, and I was behind a Duramax (8 cyl) today with an MBRP and it was wicked also! Diesel folks prefer MDRP over Magnaflow.

Lol. I expect you mean 6 cyl gasoline engines. An MBRP exhaust sounds awesome on a 5.9 or 6.7 Cummins! Matt has it on the 5.9, AJ on the 6.7, and I was behind a Duramax (8 cyl) today with an MBRP and it was wicked also! Diesel folks prefer MDRP over Magnaflow.

Couldn't agree more, I did mean gas engines. Still a powerstroke with a diesel sounds the meanest and I do hear a lot of different diesels as I have been living in Alberta the past few years.

Not to go too off topic but just got back from mcmurray today went to cabelas and seen this sitting outside brand new hd ram bed lined haha! the owner came and and seen me taking a picture of it and was nice enough to leave with a chirp of the tires and a big poof of black smoke :) it sounded good.

DSC_0011.jpg
picture uploader

Buddy I used to work with in Calgary had a MBRP muffler with 4" pipes on his 2003 Cummins Ram. Sounds more like a big bus or big rig coming down the road. Sounded wicked. His 318 1500 had the cats removed and true dual exhaust on it and sounded like the General Lee. I hadn't been in Calgary since I left in 2007, but when we were there last summer I heard and recognized Vern's Cummins before I seen him when he past us on the road :P !

Today I went to Toyota and picked up some parts, started off the day with replacing old worn out front sway bar to frame bushings, took about an hour, the driver side went in super easy, then... the passenger side was totally mis aligned... pretty annoying angle to have to work at too, in the future I will take the front skid off.

heres the old bushings, original 230,000 kms

DSC_0018.jpg

screen shot on pc

Took it for a quick rip afterward and a noticeable difference, stayed flatter in the turns and less roll on the on/off ramps. No more clunk going over bumps either.

Took it for a wash right after that, did a pretty quick easy job then noticed once I got home I definitely should have took some more time. oh well!

DSC_0014.jpg

temp image upload

DSC_0015.jpg

img hosting

DSC_0016.jpg

image hosting 5mb

This next one is for Tom, I turned around down the wrong street just to snap this one for ya!

Looks nice but not as nice as yours was.

DSC_0012.jpg

image upload no limit

DSC_0013.jpg

image free hosting

Last but not least this is the Monday task's parts, trivia time! Can anyone correctly guess what these parts are for or more specifically where they go on said component?

DSC_0017.jpg

free adult image hosting

Greetings from sunny Alberta!

Sam

The last picture tells me that someone is pulling off their hub assembly to replace a seal on the outside of the front axle and they are scared the bolts for the hub are in really bad shape.

Close rob but wrong area. Here is a hint, the nut has no castle nut on top of it instead it is staked after being installed and tensioned.

My transfer case is now bolted to the transmission, I should have front wheel drive after I replace the front drive shaft and the broken u joint.

As I see from the other thread about the show it is still not drivable? What has gone wrong and what is your next step on fixing it?

Abandoned it at the early stage of clearing Johnson Settlement trail in prep for Jamboree. Actually, it looks like I blew a seal in my PS pump, fluid all over, overheated, and no steering. Came back at the end of the day and managed to drive it out, but I did kiss the big tree with my roof at the top of my doors. Wish I still had the headliner out, I could probably push out that barely noticeable concave part before Debbie notices it ;) Picked up a buch of fluid at CTC in Greenwood, took 3 bottles to get me home. The surprising part was the price that CTC quoted for a reconditioned one, was only $83 after $30 for the core. :king:

As I see from the other thread about the show it is still not drivable? What has gone wrong and what is your next step on fixing it?

It needs a rear drive shaft, I gotta fix reroute the exaust (had to cut to fit in bigger t-case) and just some finishing work and change fluids.

This next one is for Tom, I turned around down the wrong street just to snap this one for ya!

Looks nice but not as nice as yours was.

DSC_0012.jpg

image upload no limit

DSC_0013.jpg

Appreciate the compliment on my Liberty Sam. I do miss it a bit, that one looks pretty good, definitely a bigger lift than mine had I think. May end up in another renegade at somepoint, may find the guy that bought mine and try to buy it back lol

Appreciate the compliment on my Liberty Sam. I do miss it a bit, that one looks pretty good, definitely a bigger lift than mine had I think. May end up in another renegade at somepoint, may find the guy that bought mine and try to buy it back lol

2 trucks not enough ? ;)

Better grab those two that you posted for $800 then!! :D

Archived