• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James I owe you a large one sir...a bit of heat was all that was needed :biggthumpup: My first time heating ish up and I was so surprised how effective it was....thank you :)

Looks like my temporary Shoe Goo fix held up pretty well.
2014-02-23+11-55-55-242.jpg
The bolts holding the axle on were super tight, and one of them was starting to twist at the head.
A bit of heat on the surrounding metal saved the day and soon loosened the bolts enough to get them off without too much trouble.
2014-02-23+11-06-56-778.jpg

2014-02-23+12-08-03-269.jpg

2014-02-23+12-12-14-414.jpg

Almost done - I just need to buy some replacement axle bolts and I'll be good to go :)

2014-02-23+12-29-38-114.jpg

Well I feel on this uncovered secret for my truck. So parts will be ordered tomorrow to make it happen.

Bilstein came up with this genius idea of making a replacement strut for coil vehicles that has adjustable notches for ride height. Acting like a 'levelling kit' or 2" of lift. Since it is unsafe to stack my current 6" block and 2" block, this is my way to get 8" of lift safely and run 37s! :D

There is my weekend news. How was everyone else's weekend?

Yeah I need to get two for the rear doors, and one for the trunk area. They're stupid cheap on ebay too, which is nice. The two for the front only cost me $2.20 shipped. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/390645966623?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 The others probably won't be that much different.

I did see them Larry, but the only kits I could find for mine were close to $40. Where I only have five lights to replace (well, that I wanted to replace), I figured that I'd be just as well off getting them individually. I also wasn't sure if I'd like them or not, so I wanted to try the front two first. Getting the rest will cost me less than $10, so for around $12 total, I'll have my main interior lights switched to LED.

I think I'll try the kit. Also, ever since vehicles started tinting the rear window, I've had a real disappointment with backup lights. I read, on a build thread on the JeepForum, about a 7W Cree LED with a projector lens that throws an amazing amount of light. I found some today on eBay that put out 650 lm. I think I'll try a set.

I wouldn't mind getting better backup lights myself. The ones in mine might as well not even be there for the amount of light they put out. I've also considered getting a small set of LED fog lights and wiring them to come on with the reverse lights.

Archived