• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have another hub option for you Jay. Drive flanges. They make your front end 100% engaged, it suck for mileage as the front end is always turning, however, they keep a solid lock on the front end while off road.

If you're interested, you can have them. I found them in the basement today while doing some cleaning. They're from my 96 Pathy, that I haven't owned for almost 5 years and have been on a shelf for 12 years...have I ever mentioned I'm a pack rat?

Isn't that essentially what I have; auto locked in 4wd, then big reverse maneuver to unlock to free wheel in 2wd?

I have heard these auto locking hubs are a weak point tho.

I never look a gift house in the mouth, so if you're looking to free up some shelf space, I'll gratefully take them :) thank you sir

Presumably theyre a straight swap?

I wasn't there this year, but I bet His and Hers on Half Moon, summer event?

Nope. Hint: you are in the proper geographical area and the suburban wouldn't fit.

Not interested in the turbo diesel but I am heading to CT later this month to pick up to 2.5L N/A diesels out of late 80's/early 90's Defenders!

no and no. Another hint: geographically speaking, it is somewhere between RobSinclair's guess and sar4x4's guess. Not a backcountry spot but there are some Jeep folks out there who should know it.

And yes, the bumper is a straight forward fab job. Just a matter of doing it! Also, it would need to be galvanized so I need to get a batch of things ready to go to the galvanizer's at the same time (bulkhead, breakfast and bumper would be awesome but a bit of work!)

Archived