• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

got my new-to-me Kijiji bargain rims installed thanks to Bill at Double Z - they also came with a warning ;)

so.....keep original, or flat black ?

I would bedline them, but that's just me. For your next mod I suggest Warn manual hubs! Pick up a MPG or two on the road and you'd also have a far superior part compared to the frickin' auto locking hubs you have now. They are known to fail when you have to rock the vehicle back & forth or after backing up and accelerating on a new line.

I ran mine open for 9ish months of the year (except when going off-road) and locked through the winter months (96 Pathfinder). I still know the part # from memory 29091. Just wish they could make then for the 2nd gen X.

That would be a nice to have mod.....and ppl must think I'm crazy having to do a 10ft reverse maneuver everytime I put the X in 2WD....I've had a few funny looks :)

You may still have to do that! Somtimes if you drive on a hard surface in 4WD gears can get 'bound up', and too much friction to release. Drive backwards twisting the steering wheel or get one side of the truck on something with less traction and give 'er a shot of gas to allow slippage.

I think the cut bumper looks awesome. Why have you not done it already? ;)

I know, I know. The only thing that has really stopped me is I have to relocate the washer fluid reservoir as it's behind the drivers side fog light. If I can find I think a ZJ washer bottle, I can mount that under the hood.

if it was my truck, i would paint the rims black.

Derek, cut that bumper, it looks great the way the guy did it

I agree, paint em up Jay!!

Like it! Sawsall party at your pad, right?

As long as it's not a drunken sawsall party, I want the cuts to be fairly straight! :D

I have some vibration in the drivetrain of the Heep. I removed the rear driveshaft to replace the u-joints, but there is absolutley no play in them, so I guess give them a some grease and put it back in. And then pull the front shaft... I checked the pinion for play too and it had none, so the vibes don't seem to be coming from the rear. I guess I will see while the front shaft is out :) .

Well I finally ordered an output speed sensor, and it arrived today. Can't wait to get it put in so I have full use of 1st gear again, and OD!!

I also got a U-Joint for the rear drive shaft axle side. I've never changed one before, but it can't be that hard, right??

Well I finally ordered an output speed sensor, and it arrived today. Can't wait to get it put in so I have full use of 1st gear again, and OD!!

I also got a U-Joint for the rear drive shaft axle side. I've never changed one before, but it can't be that hard, right??

Yeah, u-joints are pretty easy ;) !

Archived