• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

Yup but you won't see me there anymore was on my 6B's all done that now back to dockyard, thanks I didn't do the fenders bought it that way but yeah they do look good. :) one of the reasons i bought it

were dave dion and rob boucher on your course?

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got around to being productive again.. Mailed away my broken locker last night, should have a new one in a couple of weeks.

And today my plan is to install my new shocks, since the rears are toast right now. And install new speakers in the cab.

I know this is gonna be hard to believe but I found a use for my old LED's :) Mounted them to the mounting bolts of my backrack so now not only can I light up what's in front of me but also on the sides. Quickly becoming not "convoy friendly" hahaha. I used a relay for these so I can have all the lights on one switch.

post-698-0-33752400-1384652985_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-16684200-1384652993_thumb.jpg

post-698-0-44300800-1384652998_thumb.jpg

My old tundra was starting to show its wear after a summer of wheeling, so I decided to give her a going over, thank God for my parts truck. Had to replaced a front axle, that took care of the " clicking" and come to realize the bottom.balljoint was making the "clunking". My MPG was hurting due to a sticky front caliper, and found the rear brakes needed an adjustment. The parts truck had brand new daystar struts with 3 in level kit on top, score! Another inch of lift never hurt! I came across a couple custom bumpers, something a little more tree friendly and appealing to the eye ( for those of you that seen my tundra she was no fashion queen Haha) and have to swap a few doors, last trip got caught up between some trees!, did I.mentiion our trails up home are tight? Also stealing some rock sliders of another old rig in my yota graveyard to save the new doors, pics to come soon guys!

My old tundra was starting to show its wear after a summer of wheeling, so I decided to give her a going over, thank God for my parts truck. Had to replaced a front axle, that took care of the " clicking" and come to realize the bottom.balljoint was making the "clunking". My MPG was hurting due to a sticky front caliper, and found the rear brakes needed an adjustment. The parts truck had brand new daystar struts with 3 in level kit on top, score! Another inch of lift never hurt! I came across a couple custom bumpers, something a little more tree friendly and appealing to the eye ( for those of you that seen my tundra she was no fashion queen Haha) and have to swap a few doors, last trip got caught up between some trees!, did I.mentiion our trails up home are tight? Also stealing some rock sliders of another old rig in my yota graveyard to save the new doors, pics to come soon guys!

Get'er done soon. Time comes at a premium after baby's here ;) !

I don't know if anyone around the city carwashes use acid on the rims, but a fella up my way does, saves the time from.polishing, just sprays it in and blows it off with pressure washer! I think he charges less than 20 bucks too!

20 bucks is a great deal!

I've got some of that spray-on stuff from crappytire in the garage that smells like ammonia....it's pretty evil stuff, gonna try that first

Any idea who might sell something like this - I have two of the same already, want 2 more for the rears

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Eagle-Alloys-Aftermarket-Wheel-Alloy-Center-Cap-Chrome-4-5-Diameter-/350930679939?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b5193883&vxp=mtr

i had an old car with alum wheels on it ....never guess what i tried ......"easy off oven cleaner".....yes thats right oven cleaner ...took the crap right off them .....then rince with a garden hose ....lil bit of "autosol" to polish em turned out like new

Archived