• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

79.99$ for grille guard and 30$ in shipping. after the conversion it was 119$ to my door. I looked at a bunch of them and this one seems like the best bang for your buck for sure and no glue to deal with or drilling holes into the grille.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/13131_310X_PG.htm

I almost went that route but I would have chosen

http://www.kent.ca/kbs/en/product.jsp?skuId=7053203&navAction=jump&navId=169&prdId=7053203&catalogId=169

with some zip ties and some zip tie posts with gorilla glue. some primer and then flat black

The homedepot ones didn't work for me, I liked the look of the one above better. I decided to get the ones for 79$ as it was close in pricing especially when you factor in the time. Install was less then 1 hour from start to finish and they are aluminum and fit perfect with no glue or drilling.

So I have a set of fog lights, where should I put them? Yes, I know....on the jeep...haha. Can I mount fog light on the stock bumper? Seems like the only option I can think of is at the base of the windshield and order the brackets from Quadratec. What do you guys think and would someone like to help me install them sometime? and by help me I mean let me pass you tools cause you know what you are doing......at least I am honest....

So I have a set of fog lights, where should I put them? Yes, I know....on the jeep...haha. Can I mount fog light on the stock bumper? Seems like the only option I can think of is at the base of the windshield and order the brackets from Quadratec. What do you guys think and would someone like to help me install them sometime? and by help me I mean let me pass you tools cause you know what you are doing......at least I am honest....

Don't order the brackets from Quadratec :smiley-rolleyes005: . Stop in to APJ or CVO and see if they have a set sitting on the shelf first.

Just as a statement, its great we push local, but there is NOTHING wrong with ordering things online if you want to. If someone feels better about ordering online, it should not prompt comments to go to somewhere else first, unless there is a legitimate reason for it. For me it would be price, having something on the shelf is great, but not if it costs more. As an FYI I am ordering a new roof for the jeep from APJ's.

I hadn't even thought about that James.....I'll give APJ a call and see if they have them. I got a fair bit of my stuff for the Liberty through APJ when I was working on the Liberty.

I like having the ability of ordering online, it is more convenient for me. APJ is usually closed around 6 and I usually work till 6. Quadratec is open all day long and they deliver to my work. I like to support local but I also like to get the stuff I want. Work isnt always the most flexible about leaving early but they don't care if stuff gets delivered. WHat can you do.....I can wait and buy local when I get a chance or I could be using my free time to install instead of having to source.

Any thoughts on other places to install fog lights other then those brackets on the windshield?

The windshield brackets seem to be one of the more popular spots to mount them. I've also seen a few that have been mounted behind the grill. I don't know how much that would affect the light output though. I think on the bumper between the tow hooks would be a good spot for them.

Just as a statement, its great we push local, but there is NOTHING wrong with ordering things online if you want to. If someone feels better about ordering online, it should not prompt comments to go to somewhere else first, unless there is a legitimate reason for it. For me it would be price, having something on the shelf is great, but not if it costs more. As an FYI I am ordering a new roof for the jeep from APJ's.

You can't hold them in your hand and feel them and take them with you RIGHT NOW from a computer screen. If you have problems, you need to ship the part back and wait for the replacement AGAIN, or wait for your refund...

I hadn't even thought about that James.....I'll give APJ a call and see if they have them. I got a fair bit of my stuff for the Liberty through APJ when I was working on the Liberty.

CVO had a set sitting on the shelf last time I was in there. They were not expensive by any means.

Any thoughts on other places to install fog lights other then those brackets on the windshield?

You could mount them on MY Jeep ;) ! Yours already has fog lights :P lol!

Generally speaking Fogs lights are mounted very low on a vehicle, have a wide flat beam, and shoot under the fog and not reflected back in the driver's eyes.

Driving lights have a very narrow beam, and are mounted as high as possible to shine as far ahead of the vehicle as possible. And will rip the retinas out of your head if turned on during snow! Many folks don't like driving lights mounted on the roof, they can reflect off the hood and back into your eyes. And they get ripped off in the woods. So as high as possible on a bush/grille guard and probably on the Jeep windshield brackets seems like a good idea to try!

they do. These are lights that should have gone on the liberty and they never made it on. So they have been sitting in my garage jsut waiting to be used. After installing the grille guards it kinda gave me the itch to personalize my rig a little more and since I have no money right now to buy parts why not use something that I already have still new in the box. I may have to wait though as I think I would like them on the bumper and I think that means I need a new bumper......well at least the lights are already paid for...

you know you can get serious and cost effective HP gains just from a few carefully selected stickers?

Hey now. Watch the stickers. I'll have you know I've gained at least 40 whp! Also, Teraflex is a good conversation starter.

Archived