• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh I stuck around whilst he did it? maybe I was yaking too much in the office

took the X out for a nice mud bath at the entrance to the Pipeline after....there's some big deep soft-bottomed mud puddles out there today!

Had a quicky play around the back of the speedway too....found a big shale pit and a ton of old tires

ya he was in the office while we were doing the hardest oil chang

Isn't changing the oil on the H2 shitty job? F*****g oil filter has the stupidest, most awkward angle to put back on :mad: .Did Duff at least get the right filter this time ;) ?

I find it hilarious too that such a large engine has such a small oil filter too!

Isn't changing the oil on the H2 shitty job? F*****g oil filter has the stupidest, most awkward angle to put back on :mad: .Did Duff at least get the right filter this time ;) ?

I find it hilarious too that such a large engine has such a small oil filter too!

James - that change we did was nothing... that was before the giant plate steel skidplate which is warped and no longer "bolts up" without a fight.

I was wondering about warpage. Do you think some steel cross members welded on the backside would have kept it straighter?

There are steel ribs welded on the back. I believe the issue is that I was unable to secure one of the corner bolts on the skid (where it meets with the stock skid). It's warped right on that side. I think if it had the bolt in it would not have been able to bend.

I couldn't get the bolt in because of how badly warped my stock skid plate was.

oh I stuck around whilst he did it? maybe I was yaking too much in the office

took the X out for a nice mud bath at the entrance to the Pipeline after....there's some big deep soft-bottomed mud puddles out there today!

Had a quicky play around the back of the speedway too....found a big shale pit and a ton of old tires

There are thousands of old race tires out there. The pit is pretty cool. I'd like to see if any of the trails from it go anywheres cool.

Bought a replacement axle for $40 (Chrysler 8.25), so I've decided to school myself a bit on what they're all about instead of imagining leprechauns whipping hamsters inside the rear pumpkin.

Have it pulled apart now with both axles out. Refreshing it, taking off a bit of the rust and all that jazz. Going to replace the pinion seal and 2 wheel seals after the paint dries, and maybe the wheel cylinders (might reuse the ones on my current brakes).

Next up is the reassemble then taking it over to a buddies and putting in a 2" or so lift. Giggity.

Bought a replacement axle for $40 (Chrysler 8.25), so I've decided to school myself a bit on what they're all about instead of imagining leprechauns whipping hamsters inside the rear pumpkin.

Have it pulled apart now with both axles out. Refreshing it, taking off a bit of the rust and all that jazz. Going to replace the pinion seal and 2 wheel seals after the paint dries, and maybe the wheel cylinders (might reuse the ones on my current brakes).

Next up is the reassemble then taking it over to a buddies and putting in a 2" or so lift. Giggity.

Don't forget to take pics of the whole process... ;)!

Archived