• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

How much was shipping? when I bought my front and rear Solid diff covers I paid somethin like 220 total for the front and rear together but got them through a vendor.

Shipping was another $40. No taxes/duties. So came to $115 on the button after frequency conversion.

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finally got around to removing my short ram intake (got tired of changing the filter every time I wheel or hit a large puddle) didn't really notice much gains either (other the it red lined quicker). Put the stock intake box back in but removed the silencer and ran the intake into my wheel well. Started making plans as to what I want to do to the rig next :)

The resonator has been deleted on mine too....it sounds great and good for at least 30 extra ponies

Avoiding deep puddles and not making a wake are always good methods to keep water out of your intake as well. If the water is deep enough to cause issues at the intake, how is it on the rear differential? :king:

Command, did you have a pre-filter on your intake? I know K&N have them for only a few $ and they help keep the mud and water out of the intake.

on the X...probably the same as the Fronty

Same idea yup.

Avoiding deep puddles and not making a wake are always good methods to keep water out of your intake as well. If the water is deep enough to cause issues at the intake, how is it on the rear differential? :king:

Command, did you have a pre-filter on your intake? I know K&N have them for only a few $ and they help keep the mud and water out of the intake.

That is true lol. Unless you extended your breather valve higher :) I do have a pre-filter yes, so it does help.

Today I removed the majority of the road paint from the doors and fenders. All I can say is what a P.I.T.F.A that was, gonna wax it tomorrow. Still haven't gotten it all off but it is less noticeable.

I see ya getting the mvi list done jay.i kept the list incase we need to look.

I looked at another jeep my oh myputting it on the hoist tomorrow this one will be a long term project with a big block

Yeah, slowly but surely getting these jobs done.

The list was;

• Idler arm - done
  • Sway bar links - done
  • ABS light - done
  • Rotors & pads - I have the parts
  • Steering leak - got a complete recon unit to put in
  • Rad support - need a new bracket making up - not something I can do

Finding time is the hard part....I'll be back for sure :)

Set a plan out for rock rails and a few other mods to the body (to get rid of rot as well as allow the wheels more articulation) with my mechanic and friend. Also picked up a replacement caliper and new brake pads.

Not much action as of yet, but I'm laid up for a bit but having a plan set out and putting it into action is at least something ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I've been away with an office move for work in Orlando for a while, and now I'm back, so today I finally got around to...

replacing the front rotors and fitting new ceramic pads from RockAuto.

front-axel.jpg

Initially I thought it was going to be a real PITA to do, because in order to get the rotor off, the whole hub assembly needs to be disassembled.

IMG_20130922_143447.jpg

Actually it was pretty simple and in hindsight I realize this was the perfect opportunity to service the hubs as the grease didn't look very healthy.

After bedding-in the new brakes, the truck really stops now!

IMG_20130922_151137.jpg

Discovered that the Axle I had replaced (to replace an axle seal) is leaking still/again and that the other side is now leaking as well. Both hub assemblies have visible fluid on them and once again my emergency brakes do not work, which I found that out on a hill. At least no one was around to see that :P

Archived