• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

Put on new rotors and brake pads all around. Did not realize how expensive pads are for these rigs lol. Bedlined my rims and noticed that canadian tire sells Plastidip, so I grabbed a can of that to play with :)

Before

post-698-0-67536800-1376705267_thumb.jpg

After

post-698-0-42207400-1376705276_thumb.jpg

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the offer Jamie...

I got lucky, I thought the bolt had snapped flush with the mounting bracket, but the bracket had sprung out a bolts width, so I was able to push the bracket back in and put a bolt on it to shore it up.

I can deal with bolt removal another time :) I'm hoping a weld on the bolt might be enough to get it out.

That'll learn me to work on the X the night before a run :very_frustrated:

Cool :)!

I removed my rear bar pin eliminator that broke at the Poker Run and put a pin in it to remount the shock. What a pain in the ***! But it is done :)!

replaced front u-joint and hub bearing on passengers side . so heres the store. last week-end replaced the front drive shaft u-joints. (no photos ) and adjusted the transfer case link (think I got it ) noticed front passengers side wheel was wobbly so check u-joint it had movement so with out do further checking I picked up a new joint (super strength life time replacement warranty ) for the front axel. so went to replace it . to find out the hub bearing was bad too. so I went picked one up. got back home and started to work on

it . then remember photos after I got it apart so took a few snaps . will get them up soon. im telling you next time I do this I will pick up or borrow a vice not going to do it with out one again cracked a 5 inch c clamp trying to press out the joint hand tools was all I had but I got it done (I said hmmm trail fix while in my drive way ) but I got it done

well between last night and today I got completed

Front axle seals

front rotors

1 wheel bearing

front outter seals

front axle joints

installed steering box brace

mounted my coolant tube so it wont move

transmiisin seal

built 4x4 shifter

all that's left is control arm bushings

build oil pan skid

fix rear locker

well fun day to day re adjusted my rear shocks and re fastened CB antenna fixed to roof magnet did not hold on engh lol and went back to those trails i was lost in for 3 hours last night for most of today , i love it back there , IE if any one know were i could get map of all those i would like to print it off

Oh and thanks for the trail guide in the yota

asap I am hoping all depends when I can get a hand

Is it going to be a drive way swap or a garage swap? You can give me a call as soon as you know the date and I might be free to help.

Archived