• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) I installed a new 'Inner Tie Rod End at Steering Arm' on Tuesday night and centered the steering wheel and turning radius. That particular TRE was already on the Dana 60 I swapped in this past winter and Lord knows how old it was. It seemed tight when I installed the axle but after a few miles it had play in it. I am going to have the toe-in checked next but she steers pretty nice anyway.

2) Last night I backed off both headers and installed new gaskets at the block. The gaskets were new when I installed the axle (and spring mount work - had to remove the headers for clearance) a couple months ago but both leaking from day one. I think I may have not tightened them down evenly at the time. Hopefully the headers aren't warped. I couldn't check the gaskets after installation last night, it was too late to start the truck and wake my brother. I usually work until after midnight.

3) Oh and I cleaned the overspray paint off the passenger side mirror, from when I painted it in the spring as well! I can see again!

4) I hope Democedes didn't really blow the motor!

Hey, Olive is coming along well.

I gotta tell you guys about the treatment I received at Miller Tirecraft on Friday.

I finally got my powdercoated rims and tires together for mounting and decided to use Miller Tirecraft because there is a little history there and they can handle larger tires and valves.

Anyway, I caught them on a good day.

The older gentleman at the counter(Marven MacKenzie) took me into the shop and proceeded to mount my tires on the spot, himself. I was able to give him a hand and before long we drew a small group of curious employees keen to help out. Some of them are wheelers, some of them were generally interested and some of them might just have been bored.

I left there feeling like I had been treated very well and the entire process only cost me $40.00!

After meeting Marven MacKenzie for the first time I can recommend him and Miller Tirecraft for your tire and wheel needs,

Olive had a good week of misc project advancements and it is looking like she will be with me at The Poker Run:)

post-743-0-27048800-1373710086_thumb.jpg

post-743-0-64172000-1373710100_thumb.jpg

Hey, Olive is coming along well.

I gotta tell you guys about the treatment I received at Miller Tirecraft on Friday.

I finally got my powdercoated rims and tires together for mounting and decided to use Miller Tirecraft because there is a little history there and they can handle larger tires and valves.

Anyway, I caught them on a good day.

The older gentleman at the counter(Marven MacKenzie) took me into the shop and proceeded to mount my tires on the spot, himself. I was able to give him a hand and before long we drew a small group of curious employees keen to help out. Some of them are wheelers, some of them were generally interested and some of them might just have been bored.

I left there feeling like I had been treated very well and the entire process only cost me $40.00!

After meeting Marven MacKenzie for the first time I can recommend him and Miller Tirecraft for your tire and wheel needs,

Olive had a good week of misc project advancements and it is looking like she will be with me at The Poker Run:)

oh boy has that marvin got you fooled he use to be the general maneger for mighty auto.....what an AS#$%^ he is iv know him for years he will rip off his mother and come back for her bloomers ....tread lightly my friend ....just saying

oh boy has that marvin got you fooled he use to be the general maneger for mighty auto.....what an AS#$%^ he is iv know him for years he will rip off his mother and come back for her bloomers ....tread lightly my friend ....just saying

Fair enough.

Thanks

Fair enough.

Thanks

When I lived in HRM he was my go to guy! He always treated me right and let me go into the shop while work was being done! Are you guys sh!ting on the man, or the company he works/worked for?

Today I scraped paint off my windshield and replaced the wipers. Checked all fluids and found out what was bouncing around in the engine bay (battery post cover), changed out my cabin air filter and replaced the "bumpy" connector for my air intake with a smooth one, spent 15 mins trying to figure out why the truck was stalling just after start up. Turns out I had the MAF sensor in backwords :brain-fart: .

When I lived in HRM he was my go to guy! He always treated me right and let me go into the shop while work was being done! Are you guys sh!ting on the man, or the company he works/worked for?

im shi%^&ng on the man .....i worked at mighty auto for 8 yrs and when he came on board with us all hell broke loose ....seeing that he isnt there anymore is a good thing for mighty . :smiley-dance005:

Order a lot of preventive/upcoming maintenance parts:

1 - front hub assembly (one is starting to groan)

4 - new spherical bearings for the front Radflo coil-overs

1 - front sway bar mount kit poly bushings

2 - extended front brake lines (stainless)

2 - extended rear brake lines (stainless)

The extended lines are due to upcoming plans. 2" body lift is being installed when I'm on vaca just over a week from now ;)

Archived