• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No shots really, just gained back what I lost over the years of abuse.

Winch is installed and yes, it works. Pulled the car up the driveway when installing the line. Pics to come soon, but you can't really see it as it's an enclosed bumper.

post-429-0-76192700-1371842655_thumb.jpg

post-429-0-37360800-1371842657_thumb.jpg

post-429-0-75914100-1371842658_thumb.jpg

Because the new project would be paid off also, and a hell on a lot cheaper for mods and parts

As true as that statement is, and as much as I really want a 2 door XJ, the timing to sell mine is not right.

Nothing to mine since Sweetland.My passenger mirror is torn off from tree and hanging ,front marker light lens gone from wacking a tree going up winch hill!Exhaust is up touching floor from smacking it on granite rock on powerline there.Gonna straighten it up and put a Vortex on in process..... Billy's XJ has a bad front control arm bushing so its going in garage after lunch to remove.Pecks is sending a warranty one first of week.....

Spent the morning with the grinder.....flex pipe replaced :-)

I may have found the source of my p0420 & p0430 codes....cat 2 drivers side is rattling....this mofo has 4 freakin cats!

haha ya I discovered that with mine as well, 2 primary's and 2 secondary's. Pretty much same reaction to :P

Today I took a look underneath the truck to do a closer check after the trail yesterday, all looks well. Only casualty was my trailer connector, tore the retaining clip right off (number 6) gonna have to re-mount that soon. I also installed my old LED light bar as a backup light, we all seen that coming :P

Had some fun with a few rattle cans....

First off, my boy wanted to paint his BMX frame...so being a dutiful dad, we stripped it and painted it a colour of his choice.

IMG_20130623_174143.jpg

The steel rims that came with my latest aquisition were original and very rusty, so a pack of cards and a can of Krylon Non-Skid Coating fixed that :-D

IMG_20130623_165013.jpg

IMG_20130623_164958.jpg

IMG_20130623_165021.jpg

IMG_20130623_183007.jpg

IMG_20130623_183044.jpg

IMG_20130623_183026.jpg

yeah those tires were a bargain for sure....thanks :-D

the rims came out ok, they are rusty as hell and my prep was just 2 minutes with a wire brush. I wasn't planning on keeping them on, but I'm pleased the way they came out.

gonna use the same paint on the plastics

Just never seen that before very cool! I usually take a big piece of carboard trace out the size of rim (a spare rim works best) and cut out with olfa knife and lay on wheel.No tape needed. Yeah taping it off sucks!

Yeah I saw that method too, but it seemed like a lot of work...and I'm lazy

Archived