• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completed the control box install & ran the wiring. Now need a little bit of welding & a battery cut-off switch to completed the winch install. Last pic shows the remote receiver installed.

Yeah, I know my engine bay needs a bath ;)

post-429-0-01967300-1371399441_thumb.jpg

post-429-0-42571100-1371399442_thumb.jpg

post-429-0-02661300-1371399444_thumb.jpg

post-429-0-72861400-1371399445_thumb.jpg

I increased the height of my rear differential vent by at least a foot. The factory vent tube comes out of the rear axle on the passenger side of the diff, goes up about 6-8 inches and bends at a right angle and stops. I moved it up and attached it to the underside of my rear cargo area which is at least a foot higher than where it was. If the water is high enough to be sucked in by my diff, my butt's also going to be sucking water.

Removed a Zone sock and put on the rough country that I finally got... Rides better now having the same type shocks in the rear!! :)

Me and the old man got er done today after explaining to him its not a strut and does not need to be compressed haha. Took it out to his work garage and did it there. Easy going even for this geek by trade ;)

post-793-0-89816300-1371429314_thumb.jpg

post-793-0-74709900-1371429325_thumb.jpg

post-793-0-55066200-1371429339_thumb.jpg

post-793-0-27575200-1371429352_thumb.jpg

post-793-0-40604600-1371429375_thumb.jpg

Get used to it if you are going to continue wheeling your Jeep.

...unless of course you are independently wealthy ;)

True! The more I do myself the more I enjoy it. Nice break from fixing computers and other IT stuff.

I wish I was wealthy now. Hopefully in time my education will pay off. I want a a garage badly. A house would be nice also ;)

Reset BCM/ECU by unplugging the battery and letting her sit for awhile then reconnect the battery, hoping it would fix my transmission hanging issue. I also switched back to regular gas, so far she runs like before and tranny no longer hangs :)

Hope it works for you!

btw, running anything other than 87 will have no difference for engine performance unless you have a tuner (or haul heavy loads in warm weather)...the fuel grade used and your transmission shifting issues are not related.

took the ol' girl out for a run after replacing the clamp on my evap purge line - now for the first time ever I have gas cap WHOOOOOSSHH! :-D

oh, and spotted a concrete block.....well you gotta don't ya?

as you can see I couldn't get it up any further (mrs).....my street tires are freaking USELESS!

IMG_20130617_183535.jpg

took the ol' girl out for a run after replacing the clamp on my evap purge line - now for the first time ever I have gas cap WHOOOOOSSHH! :-D

oh, and spotted a concrete block.....well you gotta don't ya?

as you can see I couldn't get it up any further (mrs).....my street tires are freaking USELESS!

What size are you running? I eye fu<k Kijiji several hours a day and tend to find deals (found my 285/70/17's M/T's within an hour or so of the post and also found another set of 235/75/15's M/T's within the hour for another person).

If you're looking for something else, let me know!

For what its worth mine was shuddering on lockup...like driving on rumble-strips. An ATF change fixed it....presumably you've run some fresh oil through it?

Actually I have not run fresh oil through yet. Might have to get that done on my days off.

What size are you running? I eye fu<k Kijiji several hours a day and tend to find deals (found my 285/70/17's M/T's within an hour or so of the post and also found another set of 235/75/15's M/T's within the hour for another person).

If you're looking for something else, let me know!

I'm running 31x10.50x15's and thanks for the tip. I'm on the kijiji a lot and I saw there's a few sets come and go lately, but cash is a problem at the moment as the MVI is up in a few months and I'm battling with my CEL and rear ABS speed sensor.

The X runs like a dream, but when I seafoamed her I noticed some smoke leakage under the hood, coupled with a P0420 I suspect I'll need zaust manifolds and possibly cats/o2 sensors to get it passed, and that's gonna sting!....unless I can find a friendly tester.

Thanks, I'll certainly be in touch when the time is right.

Archived