• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was amazing to drive it home, and into work. I am happy.

"Happy Happy Happy" (duck dynasty)..........i can see u sayin it like that tom.....hahahahahahahaha!!!

So how do these work is it compressed gas? If so where and how much is it to refill the tank

Carbon Dioxide compressed :) I can't imagine it being overly expensive to recharge. I will ask our fire extinguisher guy if he knows, when he brings back our stuff and refills my Heep extinguisher. :)

F150 is at CVO! Waiting game now, was told probably tomorrow at lunch time.

How much will it cost to install the 6" lift? I know it's a different set up then my truck, but I'm curious how much work at cvo costs.

Huge difference, the Ford looks shiny. Seriously, it looks good. :king: Have you seen the F650 picture floating around on FB?

The CompAir holds 10 lbs of liquid CO2. It seems that different gasses compress differently, Nitrogen, for example, would only provide a third of the 'Compressed Air' that CO2 does and be a lot riskier to carry in the vehicle. Anyway, I dropped the tank off today at my Fire Extinguisher guy (an hour's drive each way) and he wasn't there, his truck ended up in the shop for some work. He said he'd fill it in the morning for me. I have no idea what it will cost. I think next I'll go look at some air tools to carry on the trail, maybe an impact driver and a power ratchet :thicon_welder:

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't take any pics, but on Saturday I dropped all my skidplates and did an oil change - also topped up my PS fluid and ordered an input shaft seal kit for my steering box. I have some TLC to do on the front of the H2, but all in all in good shape.

Greased everything while I was at it - I need to rig up some remote grease fittings like the 18-wheelers have.

Archived