• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

I finally got my spare installed on the floor in the back. I used the OEM tailgate mount to secure it. Three 5/8" bolts, going to nuts welded to the tub underneath, hold down the mount for easy removal if I want to put in the seat (it's rare I use the seat but wanted the option). Then I just bolt the rim to the mount like normal and Bob is indeed my uncle. The LJ has room for the 35x12.50 spare and then also room for the tool bags between the tire and the tailgate.

Everything fits well enough for ease of access and also still allows me to use the tonneau cover in the summer for a nice clean look with the top and doors off.

Pix to follow.

Next on the list this week is the Viair 10007 OBA install. ;)

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

traded in the borg warner for a 205 but of course they could only find one seal to fit the 1410 yoke so i have to wait another couple weeks to hook up the driveshaft,plus ran all my hydraulic lines,tomorrow ill try to bleed it out,getting close now to the break in run. :smiley-transport027:

I cleaned/vaccum and plastic polished my interior. And washed the exterior, spraying the pressure washer in all the nooks and crannies. Very little mud left on it.. Who wants to go wheeling? :D

If it rains or snows tonight or tomorrow I am holding YOU responsible :smiley-rolleyes005: !!!

Uhmmm...not even sure how to ask this, but why is there a tub of Vaseline in the pic??? Not judging, just curious from an automotive perspective...what happens in the garage stays in the garage...

On a serious note, this is my next build and the dent in your rocker explains why ;)

Well I did a few other things today. Disabled my traction control/ roll stability. Because of the size difference in tires it was always kicking in and slamming the brakes on around corners, especially in wet conditions.

And second.. More exciting part, confirming my order for a set of V-Tec Warlord wheels with 4.5" backspace.. Make my stance almost 5" wider than now :)

Well I did a few other things today. Disabled my traction control/ roll stability. Because of the size difference in tires it was always kicking in and slamming the brakes on around corners, especially in wet conditions.

Seriously? That sounds like a flawed system from Ford.

and so my rebuild begins this week ordered my 3 inch body lift today once its in I start a lot of welding and luckly not so much cutting as rust is nice enuff to remove my rear floor for me

Back to the Valley for 3 days next week of working on the Landy! Finish changing fluids, a bit more body work (getting rid of the dinky trailer marker lights the previous owner put on the sides...), electronic ignition bits to be installed (maybe make it run a bit cleaner!!) new exhaust to be installed and... my new diff guards just arrived!! Almost ready for another go at bump n' grind!

Sad story, everything was going well to have the Rover ready for B&G next weekend, too well actually!

Was going to tow it home this weekend so I could finish up the exhaust and ignition, went to push it out the door of the gayrage and it was very hard to push! In fact, sitting on a slight down hill in neutral with the parking brake off (should have had to chase it down the hill!) it wouldn't move.... something has gone horribly wrong with the brakes! Perhaps I did not remove enough of the zinc buildup on the pivot point of the galvanized backing plates... No time on the weekend to look at it and I certainly could not have towed it home with the brakes like that!

Long story short, no rover for another run....

CRAP!!

Sad story, everything was going well to have the Rover ready for B&G next weekend, too well actually!

Was going to tow it home this weekend so I could finish up the exhaust and ignition, went to push it out the door of the gayrage and it was very hard to push! In fact, sitting on a slight down hill in neutral with the parking brake off (should have had to chase it down the hill!) it wouldn't move.... something has gone horribly wrong with the brakes! Perhaps I did not remove enough of the zinc buildup on the pivot point of the galvanized backing plates... No time on the weekend to look at it and I certainly could not have towed it home with the brakes like that!

Long story short, no rover for another run....

CRAP!!

Pads rusted to the drum?

Archived