• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Well got my cb almost good to go just gota trim some beackets so it will sit flush q

With the dashand run my power wires to the battery

post-682-0-62727600-1362145549_thumb.jpg

post-682-0-11421100-1362145569_thumb.jpg

You mean like the one stuck to the top of the dash that guy had in it .... Yes I wkll be using one it was installed a while ago when guy owned it

I also got a set of 4.56 gears and a straight transmission cross member to install

You mean like the one stuck to the top of the dash that guy had in it .... Yes I wkll be using one it was installed a while ago when guy owned it

Cool. I only asked because with it stuck into the dash like that, and all the way over there, you'll never hear the built in speaker unless you're stopped, with the motor off, and everyone is perfectly quiet, lol!

I also got a set of 4.56 gears and a straight transmission cross member to install

This weekend's plans?

Hopefuly in the spring when it warms up a bit more id like to have her ready for the poker run (and my mvi is up in july ) so waiting till summer would be a bad choice

Lol quick have you seen the floor in my trunk cuz I hVent but I got some good ideas for a good strong fix hopefuly onle have my rig down for a month or so

Thats were your wrong I only used 1 coat of blue must be the gray primer I put on 4 or 5 years ago

For some that think I don't do squat. I beg to differ. I do stuff when I feel like it.

Hauled out the old dead o2 sensor, and the studs, spare new studs and nuts I had for my VW turbo manifold, put those in the the exhaust ( matched so why not ) so no more CEL and less of a gas pig.

554874_10151540182361241_1643633007_n.jp

Removed the front diff brackets, lifted the diff and hauled out the Actuator, Locked the shift fork engaged, went to the diff, slide it to engaged. Tested it in the driveway ( YES my garage is a driveway ) All 4 wheels spun, dropped one wheel in the rear made sure the Open diff worked as it does. Then made sure to slide the actuator in proper, tested it before I did all the bolts BINGO. I once again have 4wd. Works the same as before, Tcase shift on the fly. So w/o skid plates I need a testing grounds now.

488000_10151540182001241_1964988602_n.jp

Also fixed my exhaust so its not sitting on the Transmission cross member.

AS well I worked on the VW a bit.

got my 4.56 gears in today seems to drive much better also got my bumper welded back on

Also think its time to build some skid plates next for a small opps feim renfrew yesterday

post-682-0-06689800-1362967336_thumb.jpg

Archived