• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

What did you do to your rig today?

autumnwalker

• Replies 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I have been on the end of James winch a few times as well. Its a real workhorse winch. I am now looking at purchasing RCV CV Axles for the front of the liberty. Also starting a wishlist of products on teh website www.jeepinbyal.com that does all things IFS for jeep (Cherokee, commander and liberty)

I don't need a winch, I just go wheelin' with James! We could have used his winch or mine, but maybe he was hoping to break his and upgrade it! lol

The locker and armour is a great idea for him tho.

We all know a Warn 8274 is VERY capable, but I like to put my Crappy Tire winch to the test every now and then :P

Nice, those are from www.jeepinbyal.com I didnt see any on the RCV website though. Will have to call and find out if pecks can get them as well, probably wont be for a year but would be good to know, and by then they will be cheaper, maybe.

http://jeepinbyal.com/prod-RCV_KJ_Axle_set-837.aspx are the axles

Medians and pedestrians always get in the way!

Nah about a month or two ago, I had a tire blow out on the highway and my car was only inches from the ground. so one rim got gouged by the pavement and scuffed when I hit the median. Had my new winters install and somehow they were leaking around the rim. Was fixed free of charge.

Nah about a month or two ago, I had a tire blow out on the highway and my car was only inches from the ground. so one rim got gouged by the pavement and scuffed when I hit the median. Had my new winters install and somehow they were leaking around the rim. Was fixed free of charge.

That's good of them to fix it for free. :biggthumpup:

• 3 weeks later...

I have been on a trail run with the NSJC every month since July and after each run I find something new that needs 'upgrading'. After my 3rd run (Locomotion near Middleton), I discovered that the factory Hi--Impact rock sliders don't really work that well ;) So I've had a more substantial set fabricated from 2"x 4" structural tube with 1.5"x .125 pipe outriggers. These will work with a Hi-Lift and add a little more lower side protection. Also, being a fashion concious guy, I wanted them to compliment my roof rack :) Here are some pics, the first one was with the raw 2"x 4" sliders for the "Support the Troops" run in November and then the fully finished, powder coated rails I picked up today. Next, installation.

post-690-0-01850200-1356210351_thumb.jpg

post-690-0-01912700-1356210356_thumb.jpg

post-690-0-93422300-1356210361_thumb.jpg

post-690-0-04124900-1356210395_thumb.jpg

Archived