• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

I have how much time left

Guest BEAVER

I've got our camping gear pretty well in order, got to get a few minor things. Fix a little brake issue on the Heep, change the oil, swap over tires, and load the gear into the wagon, pack food, and ready. No time for the couple small mods I was thinking of :( . I plan on heading up Friday morning (leaving around 7:30 or 8:00 am). I was thinking of Thursday night, but Cameron has a soccer game at 7:00, and won't be done til 8:30... way to late to leave then, I don't like setting up in the dark if I don't have to :toothless: !!

I have a floor now (big thanks to Andy) one back corner is almost done other side needs to rebuilt then I have to put it back together find fender flare repair the exhaust etc etc but I HAVE A FLOOR AGAIN :D :biggthumpup: :smiley-transport027:

I got my club-radio mostly installed last night. Running wires is such a ***** to do in the H2! Anyway, radio isn't mounted, but the wires are run and radio is functional.

Also got the trailer brake controller installed. I might try and do a quick install on the VIAIR system Thursday morning; I ran some wires for it last night, but i'll need to build a quick frame / something to mount it on the truck.

I got my club-radio mostly installed last night. Running wires is such a ***** to do in the H2! Anyway, radio isn't mounted, but the wires are run and radio is functional.

Also got the trailer brake controller installed. I might try and do a quick install on the VIAIR system Thursday morning; I ran some wires for it last night, but i'll need to build a quick frame / something to mount it on the truck.

Will your setup from the H3 work for a tempory housing for it, or modify it to fit temporarily?

Will your setup from the H3 work for a tempory housing for it, or modify it to fit temporarily?

lol...

the pieces of the cabinet from the H3 might work. I got angry at how much space it was taking up and aggressively dismantled it. MDF + hammer = fragments of cabinet.

lol...

the pieces of the cabinet from the H3 might work. I got angry at how much space it was taking up and aggressively dismantled it. MDF + hammer = fragments of cabinet.

Now that was dumb!!! You should have waited to destroy it, haha! Oh well, back to the drawing board for now. Do you want me to bring home some plywood to rig a tempoary something or other for it? I can even cut it to required sizes here at the shop.

Hmmm. What isn't done? I often forget to throw a radio in! We never had a radio in the Land Crusier before. The LC is a new work in progress, we'll just take her as she is! Luckily I don't need a week to pack, I'm not bringing a family in a Jeep. lol. Matt is bringing his camper trailer, and always has food on board. I'll bring a light blanket. And not much else! To be fair, my brother and I've done the workon the LC so far, so it is all a team effort.

Now that was dumb!!! You should have waited to destroy it, haha! Oh well, back to the drawing board for now. Do you want me to bring home some plywood to rig a tempoary something or other for it? I can even cut it to required sizes here at the shop.

ooo I might take you up on that; we can make a Friday afternoon project out of it. You wanna take some measurements Wednesday night?

I have a plan based on Guy's design that might work nicely in the H2.

measurements will be difficult - I'm not anywhere near the truck. Basically think Guy's design, but a bit longer (about length of tank) and a bit wider than the tank (couple inches).

I'm around Wed evening (after supper) if you wanna do some quick measurements / strategy. Wood doesn't matter, I plan to paint it black anyway.

well i have arrived including having the camper bounce off the hitch after road construction. Bending and grinding the trailer jack , use the floor jack hook the trailer back up. Make it to the campground get all set up then a thought occurs what time does the NSLC close .Made it 5 minutes after it closes then while leaving the parking lot strange noises are happening so at 9:15 pm downtown Middleton I am removing the mechianl fan that just decided to blow apart now off to junk yard i go are we having fun yet :fuk:

the event over we decided to stay tonight because it is no fun packing the trailer in thr rain and being tired too .great time this year one of the highlights was watching Kristi driving the truggy all we could see was a huge smile (cause the rest of her was coated in mud) now it is time to relax psst when can we go again :D :arms: :smiley-happy091: :bravo:

left the campground at 11:30 home at 3:45 thanks to the dreaded DEATH WOBBLE 65-70 kph is best the jeep will go before the front axle tries to leave took the old way till mt unaicke then nothing but highway now i think it is nap time before unloading :smiley-transport027:

Archived