• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

$1000.00 tow

Guest BEAVER

only heard part of the news somewhere a jeep got stuck on the train tracks near a golf course due to the soft wet ground two tow trucks could not get close to hook up also the RCMP, CNR and a couple other goverment deptments were on site to stop train traffic look at damage to the area I believe the news a tractor from the golf course was finally used to remove the jeep did anyone else hear this (or knows a "friend" who got stuck) :P :D

Wouldn't have cost near as much if he had posted up "I'm Stuck!!! Help please" on our board or NSJC :D Maybe some photos, some coffees, and a little lecture about being prepared when you wheel alone; But definately not $1000 and involving the cops and CN. Obviously not familiar with the local 4x4 community and the websites associated with them... or just too damned embarrassed to post up, knowing the cameras would show up and come out first.

Situations like that show off-roaders in a bad light to the public. I hate when I see articles like this.

If he had called a 4x4 friend to help out, I'd even hate to be the friend when the RCMP and CN Police showed up.......

Whether it really was a 'Jeep' or not is proably a good question. Sometimes all 4x4's get branded as a Jeep.

So I'll bet the NSJC site is really abuzz!

Archived