• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

User's rigs

90bronco

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Wheeling with it for now, until it gets a paint job, and even than it will be wheeling but I don't want pin stripes so only in wide open places.

I have 2 much invested into the old ford to beat it in the trails to much.

It's not going to be driven in the winter any more.

The s10 is 4x4 and I will be doing some wheeling in it.

Oh and now that I have the s10 I can plate the Ford as an antique.

• 5 months later...

1998 Jeep XJ 4.0l automatic. 3" budget lift on 31" wrangler territory's. Skyjacker hydro shocks all around. Narrowed front bumper, rear sway bar removed, 96 ram rear brake hose, 94 chev 2wd front hoses. All vents extended, 44" led bar, all 1 gauge battery cables, over head console added, clinometer installed in center vents. Cobra cb and headlights converted. She's on her second engine and trans (my own fault, swamped it) and have some plans for future mods this spring/summer!

post-1082-0-79503000-1424732923_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

1985 Suzuki Samurai

1.6 8v Tracker motor with TBI
DIY snorkel

Clutch fan delete, using KIA Spectra electric fan and electric thermostat

Jeep YJ leaf springs, spring under axle

Mercedes half-hi-steer

Newer Suzuki Samurai transfer case with parking brake on the rear drums

Newer rear brakes

Suzuki Tracker 5.13 gears

Welded rear

2001 Hyundai Accent front seats

Square tube bumpers

Warn 8274 winch plate

Superwinch LP8500

Goodyear Wrangler Territory 31x10.50.15 tires

CB radio

HF dual band radio

DSC_6729.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

DSC_7245.JPG

20 hours ago, sar4x4 said:

Bump! We need long time users to post their current rigs! Including me!  And Jay!  And Tom!  And Dave!  And Matt!  And Matt! And and and!

Hmmmm, I don't have a current rig.. it's a pile of parts and a semi truck at the moment, but here is a pic of my Tow Rig. It is a 1988 F-Superduty, has a challenger 8ton wrecker attached. Twin line , just plated today.

Also here is the wife's Xterra that I wheel with her till my wheeler is done. Can't remember what year it is, it is a V6, can't remember what size tho, has headers , ford full-size 8.8 in the rear, LSD rear, Dana 44ford full size SAS in the front, warn m5000 winch on the front, snorkel, 

IMG_20170412_190614.jpg

IMG_20160901_241608455.jpg

Archived