• Welcome, Guest!

Welcome to Backcountry 4x4's online community! Consider creating a free account to take part in our discussions, share photos / videos, and start "web wheeling" with us!

Summer 2006 - Carnage

Guest sar4x4

smiley.gif Well here is a post of my war wounds from my two big summer 4x4 events. The one about the FIRE is a bit exciting! Fox Mtn: Several small dents, a side marker light, and a starter - replaced under warranty.
GAC Challenge: Several more dents, a tire valve stem, a bent tie rod, several sticks between the rims and tires, batteries need checking, and hydraulic hose(s) as a result of a small FIRE.
When we hit the rock in the hole (Pockwock trail) the bumper and fender flexed and one of the batteries jumped out of the poor factory hold down. A while later it fell on the radiator, shorting through the radiator (rubber mounted) down the hydraulic hose transmission cooler lines to the tranny and back to the engine/battery. With two batteries in parallel (for winching) there was enough current to light the hydraulic hose on fire! Putting the fire out with extinguishers we didn't realize there was still current and it could light again until we noticed the battery and fixed it.
However, we made it through the GAC under own own power!
Others have some great stories as well!
Now I need to lay the truck up for some TLC! Fluids, hydraulic hoses, tire repairs, light, unbend the tie rod, etc.
What a summer of 4x4! grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Archived