Jump to content


Registered User
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Everything posted by sar4x4

  1. Nice! I’ve used that brick a lot as well lately. Small retaining wall.
  2. Luv Warn Premium hubs...
  3. Both left and right rear brake hardware all replaced. Rear brake lines/wheel cylinders NOT bled yet. RR brake had not been working in God knows how long...
  4. I need to post a finished picture of the deck! More importantly: the Scout went back into the garage on Sunday. We started the brakes on Monday. Got the LR parts all off and a new wheel cylinder installed. It wasn’t leaking, I’m just refreshing all the brake parts. They haven’t been touched in 20 yrs. Also removed two Thermo/vacuum sensors from the intake manifold. They are no longer hooked to anything, and capped off, BUT one was leaking coolant. I had wondered for a couple of years where the coolant was coming from... Jocelyn noticed it leaking! Next....
  5. For most of us it would take more than a weekend... But for Mechanic Mopar Matt, he might get ‘er done. Lol
  6. Sounds great! Also I’ll finally have a good backup plan should / when ever I need it. I couldn’t expect something like a JK to haul the Burb through a swamp / gnarly trail any great distance, or similar. I know, I know, I have to get ‘er back on the road first!
  7. Sounds about right! Glad to hear things sound like they are steady, and may be getting busier. If we weren’t all on lockdown I’m sure we’d see you out there somewhere! Looking forward to hearing about some good recoveries!
  8. Not long, but a long-ish way in and out, depending on which way ya go. Lockers and dry weather. That sounds like the yet unconquered hill at the south end of Muddy Myra area. Hmm!
  9. Okay, okay. I Googled DM. D’uh.
  10. DM, PM, Messenger?
  11. So, I’m not a big social media guy, what’s a DM? PM? Thanks, I see it a lot lately.
  12. I bowed out of a luncheon date today because of the # of new COVID cases.
  13. Day 1, Project #3. Tore old deck down last summer, and prepped the area. Landing and steps removed. Possibly a bit over-built. 2”x10” instead of 2”x6” or 2”x8”. Engineered ‘screw’ fasteners, galvanized lag bolts and bolts, etc. No ‘tin’ joist hangers / deck screws joining the joists and posts.
  14. Project #3 starts tomorrow....
  15. Today’s progress, Project #2 complete!
  16. Took/taking an unplanned diversion from the rigs. My brother is using his garage for a short bit. 1) Installed two shut-off valves, new sink and taps. 2) Built a small foundation, and currently erecting a garden shed. The 10’ x 14’ x 9’ shed is crammed full.. 3) Building a new patio deck.
  17. Calendar showing all activities re the Scout. Been a busy few weeks...
  18. LED bulbs all installed, and flashers changed to LED compatible versions. Crazy amount of half-hidden bulbs in the dash, but we think we got them all. Pics another time. New dash knobs mostly installed. (Still have to install the identification labels, now that they’re in their proper orientation.) Rear ‘cubby-hole’ cabinet installation started. Etc etc. Now taking a few days off to complete some house maintenance (also my bro has his rig in the garage ).
  19. Lol, I don’t know! Never crossed my mind or I read it and I don’t remember. We’re going to finish the installation today and do a better test..
  20. Started switching the dash bulbs to LED and looked at the non-factory license plate light. It’s sealed and not replaceable.
  21. Installed LED bulbs in almost all of the Scout lights yesterday. Pics to follow another time. Another parts shipment arriving tomorrow... Next up...
  • Create New...