Jump to content


Registered User
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


89runner last won the day on July 27 2020

89runner had the most liked content!

Recent Profile Visitors

708 profile views

89runner's Achievements


Newbie (1/14)

  • Week One Done Rare
  • One Month Later Rare
  • One Year In Rare

Recent Badges



  1. It doesn’t see a lot of use but when you need one it pays off having one! Easy job with the press and my home made install tool!
  2. After running drill road and a trip to Antigonish and back with the truck it sat a couple weeks and I noticed some gear oil leaking on drivers side. I investigated and found my wheel bearing was toast. I thought I better check the the other side even though there wasn’t gear oil leaking and sure enough it was gone too. The press made easy work of disassembly and the local parts store had all the parts overnight so there was no excuse not to put it back together quickly.
  3. It’s still like new just a tiny ding. I test flexed it in a big rut before taking it out. It takes a fair bit to flex out the suspension that far so it was easy to avoid until I got a chance to extend them.
  4. This past weekend I extended my front bump stops. When I first put them in years ago they were limiting travel so I cut them down but took too much off. I was able to flex so much that the tire was getting into the fender and the springs were going more negative than I would like. More importantly with the new engine I could flex so much that the drag link was hitting the oil pan. To get out for a run I put in some 3/8” shims but it still wasn’t enough so I added back in a section of what I took out previously. I had also left my battery holder slightly loose fitting so I could add in some thin rubber to secure the battery with. Dave hooked me up with a truck tube that did the trick.
  5. That looks great! Really suits the truck and follows the lines well!
  6. I got the gas leak sorted out today so I could get out for a drive in the nice weather. Turns outs I had mixed up the return and vent line at the gas tank a while back but never noticed because the vent line was plugged up until the swap. Having replaced that section of the vent line it now mattered that the two were reversed. I was able to get out and put the last few km on so I could call it the engine broken in. I changed the oil again and took it past 4000Rpm for the first time. The exhaust is also much quieter now! IMG_9403.MOV
  7. I developed a pretty bad exhaust leak at the connection between the crossover and the downpipe while breaking in the engine. I reused the original downpipe thinking it would be good enough for now. “Now” didn’t last very long so I ordered a section from rockauto to make the repair. The quality was poor overall, the O2 bung was welded so badly a sensor wouldn’t install. Thankfully I didn’t need that piece and cut and rewelded the other bad seam. What I was really after was the flange where the gaskets seal as the original was missing a lot of material. I buttoned it all up and took it for a nice quiet drive. During this drive I developed a gas leak on my return line. I plan to address tomorrow with a new section of line and a union. 100km more to go and it will be broken in and ready to be put to work!
  8. Ya seeing in there now does look a bit high. Half-ways might be perfect!
  9. I think I like option 3 keeping it up high. Nice looking tray!
  10. That truck is going to be a little beast!
  11. I’m looking to get an extinguisher cage mount as well, interested to see what you go with.
  12. Truck looks great with the leveling kit! The color is awesome too.
  13. The speed sensor issue has been resolved. I swapped out a burned out component with a spare dash and I now have an electronic output from my cable driven speedometer to my ECU. No codes and no engine light now on my swap!
  • Create New...